2.15.2009

HEALTH & FITNESS SERIES

PowerBlock Person Adjustable Dumbbells
HFS1-09

Over the course of using P90X, my dumbbell set served me fairly well.  The amount of weight and weight-plates that I had fit my performance level and workout routines.  Switching plates between nearly every exercises was somewhat annoying as well as loud, but I managed.  

Several months ago, however, it became clear to me that I had outgrown my make-shift dumbbell set.  Given that I live in Manhattan and space is limited, I began looking online for an adjustable dumbbell set.  I quickly learned that these types of dumbbell sets are expensive; easily exceeding $300. Hesitant to dish out that kind of money for a non-essential item, I deliberated for some time whether to make the purchase.  

Finally, I decided to take the leap.  I concluded that the purchase was a good investment.  I use these weights four times a week and if I wanted to continue to see progress from my workout, then I would have to buy more weights anyway, so why not put the money towards a complete set.  

I resumed my search online and found the PowerBlock adjustable dumbbell set on Amazon.com.  I am thoroughly happy with the purchase.  Each dumbbell maxes out at 45lbs and is adjustable in 5lb increments.  This versatility allows me to find the perfect weight for maximum effect no matter what exercise.  The plates change simply by moving a pin and I can use the weights safely in any position and the plates remain secure.  The PowerBlock set also allows me to purchase an extender upgrade when I progress to the next level of performance.  Finally, the dumbbells fit neatly in the corner of the room.

For anyone serious about their fitness and weight training, I highly recommend adjustable dumbbells. 

No comments: